Wednesday, November 23, 2016

November 23, 2016 Merry Christmas




Oh what a fun sketch this was to work with this week at The House that Stamps Built.   I love Teddy Bears and Repeat Impressions has several to choose from - (I think I may have them all now).  I used  Merry Christmas 1141-F and Christmas Teddy 2007-I.  I colored Teddy with copic markersand then added some texture with a washcloth and blender fluid to give him a fur look.  On his hat I added some white fluff and a grey pearl for the bell.  I used some fun DP to put my focal image on and this card is already earmarked for my chemo buddy in Canada.  
 Hoping you will join us this week at The House that Stamps Built  using our Sketch Inspiration challenge -  You don't have to use Repeat Impressions stamps  but if you do your entry will get not 1 but 2 chances to win a $25.00 gift certificate for Repeat Impressions stamps.  If you look over on my right side bar I have a 10% discount coupon to use in the store for stamps - (Christmas is coming and they have some really cute Christmas stamps).  We are looking forward to seeing your creation.  

Now take a look at what our  Design Team has created to get you started.  

       Cheri     Deonna      Joy      Kathy    Heather  Laurie   and   Patti 

Challenges:
     Brown Sugar Challenge - anything goes
     The Crazy Challenge Challenge - getting ready for Christmas
     Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas - cute Christmas
     Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
     Craftyhazelnuts patterned Paper - use pattern paper 

10 comments:

Pam Sparks said...

Love your festive, cute bear creating Shirley! Pretty papers too! Making Christmas cards is so fun!

Laurie Unger said...

Darling! Great job with the sketch and that bear is so cute!

Heather said...

This is soooo adorable!! I love how you colored up the bear and the pearl is THE perfect finishing touch. You could also enter this in the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra (www.craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk) where the challenge is always anything Christmas goes.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 308 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too x

Donna said...

Great take on the sketch, this bear is adorable, fabulous coloring and like how you added texture to the bear!

Diane said...

How cute is this! Great job coloring the bear and I love the fur look. Like your interpretation of the sketch.

loz said...

This is sooo Cute Shirley..loz

Patti J said...

That Christmas Teddy is so stinkin' cute!!! Love your card, Shirley, and your take on the sketch is simply perfect! Great job, as always :)

cass said...

Cute Teddy, great Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at CHNS Patterned paper challenge this month

Laurie Unger said...

Thanks for playing in my 10th anniversary challenge! Pass the word for me, please!