Wednesday, January 04, 2017

January 4, 2017 - Designer Choice



To start out the New Year 2017 our challenge this week at The House that Stamps Built  was Designer Choice and since it was my turn I choose to do a winter theme but no Christmas.  I choose to use
                  Sentiment Miss You - plate 10100 YOU
                   Stamp - Peaceful Observation - 2001-M
This was one of the first stamps I got from Repeat Impressions as it had eye appeal as well as heart appeal. I stamped the image and words on vellum and colored on the back side, then mounted it on a piece of snowflake DP.  Punched some fancy corners out of the same DP and used them on all 4 corners with just a little bling.
I think this card could be used for a pet sympathy card as well as a card for someone who is a cat lover.  
Now it is your turn to your turn to make a card using the theme of WINTER (no Christmas) and enter our weekly challenges at The House that Stamps Built.
You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice in the drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions.  
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discount coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
     Challenges - Simon Says Stamp- Anything Goes

Now - take a look at what our design team has made to get you started.
  Cheri     Deonna      Joy     Donna   Heather  Laurie   and   Patti



   

11 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty card! I love the way you colored the cat on the vellum. It is a good pet sympathy card, or for cat lovers.

Laurie Unger said...

This is just darling! I agree with Diane about how you colored the cat. Awesome card.

loz said...

Sooo Adorable Shirley..loz

Donna said...

This is stunning! Like your image and snowflakes on vellum, and of course the purple!

Cheri said...

Gorgeous work on this Shirley! I love the match of the sentiment to the image, it worked so well and made such a sweet card. Great challenge to kick off the year!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! A really touching scene.Understand why you loved this stamp. Mom

Cheryl W said...

Very poignant card, Shirley. That image definitely tugs at your heart strings.

Laurie Unger said...

Shirley, can you please send me your address so that I can mail out your blog candy? Thanks!!

Patti J said...

This is one of my favorite Stamps too...beautifully done! Love this challenge, too! Thanks for making my 'back to work' transition so easy! Hugs...

Heather said...

This one had me stumped at first, I mean, Christmas cards ARE winter cards and I make them all year round. But after I thought about it, it's a really great challenge!! This card is adorable! Love how you used the vellum; such a great look!

debby4000 said...

Love your kitty card, gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby