Wednesday, March 01, 2017

March 1, 2017 House of Cards Create a Scene

 This is the second post for today from Glittered Paws.

This month over at The House of Cards our theme was create a scene - so my vision was to create a "vintage photo" that had been found in an old box of  family photos.  I used a digi image by Mynn called Purr-fect friend and printed the image out in a sepia tone on ivory cardstock.  I "wadded" it up creating the wrinkles then took my distress tool and distressed the edges and used antique linen distress ink and again distressed the wrinkles.  Used a muted dot background - and made my card into an easel card using a heart with paw print charm for my backstop.  Hope you enjoy the little vintage scene I have created.

9 comments:

Donna said...

This is stunning Shirley, love how you changed the digi color on your computer to get a vintage look. This is one of my favorites of Mynn's designs and it is perfect for the challenge photo!

Merethe A said...

This is a lovely vintage scene and card Shirley.

(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Diane said...

Great card Shirley. I love the Vintage look of it, and you chose the perfect colors of distress ink for it.

Cheryl W said...

Wow! You nearly wore that image out, prepping it to go on your card. It turned out beautifully, though. Love your easel card.

Patti J said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! Beautifully done, Shirley!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Shirley, this is the cutest scene ever! I love the little girl feeding the kitty! Beautiful card and inspiration!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC teamie

loz said...

Fantastic card and the image is Stunning Shirley..Loz

Pam Sparks said...

How fun to see this vintage image again! Years ago it was Magenta that had so many of this type. Gorgeous card Shirley!

Beth Norman said...

I very much like your scene, and especially like how you waddled it up into a crumple. Gives it a vintage feel.