Monday, October 02, 2017

October 2, 2017 - The House that Stamps Built POTW


This week over at The House that Stamps Built it is my week for POTW and I choose to do a quick and easy technique with stamping on book pages.  Here are my supplies:

I bought a book from GoodWill that had some acceptable script - and paid less than a $1.00.  I used EveryDay Blessings 6512E and Maple Leaf 3312E as well as some new Oxide Distress inks.  


On my Kraft mat I squished my distress oxide inks and then spritzed with water.  I did one color at a time using a total of 3 colors of inks.  
I think put my book page in the spritzed ink and gently pressed in color.  I then let it dry - (hardest part).  

I then stamped my leaves making sure I was on the script, I then fussy cut each leaf out.

I finished my card with some autumn papers, and a bit of burlap ribbon.  Hope you have fun trying this technique - just make sure the text is "appropriate".  

4 comments:

Donna said...

Great tutorial/ technique and darling fall card!

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty card. I love the way you've used your burlap ribbon. I always wonder what I can do with the burlap I have, and you've given me a great way to use it!

Patti J said...

What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing, and your card is just gorgeous! Hope you are having a great week!!!

loz said...

What a fantastic idea Shirley.. I must look for a book to try this..loz