Wednesday, November 29, 2017

November 29, 2017 Sketch Challenge



This week over at the House that Stamps Built we have Sketch Challenge.   Sketch challenges are always a bit of a challenge for me but this time the idea was in my head long before I startedmaking it.  I decided to use
Santa's Friend - 2019-I and again I went for the non traditional colors.  I found some beautiful turquoise/light green DP in my stash and I colored the Santa accordingly.  Now you ask - hmmm...what about the bag - well it is supposedto be burlap - colored with copic markers then took a piece of burlap with copic solution and pressed it on my bag - well didn't get the look that I was going for but I kind of liked it.  I think it is a bit quirky.  
Now it is your turn to your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Inspiration Sketch  - as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You know have a full month to enter our challenges to win.
You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice in the drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discount coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now - take a look at what our design team has made to get you started.
  Cheri     Deonna      Joy     Donna   Heather  Laurie   and   Patti

8 comments:

loz said...

Very Beautiful christmas card Shirley..Loz

Laurie Unger said...

Love the non-traditional colors on this, Shirley. Nice job on this challenging sketch.

Cheryl W said...

Sketch challenges are always a bit difficult for me. I love the way you've carried this one through to completion. Your card is an inspiration for me to give sketches another try! Hope you're having a great week.

Donna said...

This is just as cute as can be, like how there is a design on every part of the card, including the sparkly tree up on the right, the burlap bag is fabulous!

Pam Sparks said...

So fun to see non-traditional colors Shirley! Super cute Santa, reminds me of one of my favorite Christmas books growing up!

Cheri said...

Wow, Shirley!!! This card is loaded with inspiration and detail. I love the layers and textures you've brought in...especially that tiny puff on the end of Santa's hat. Great job with this sketch.

Patti J said...

Adorable card, dear friend! You know, it always amazes and surprises me that we never seem to use the same stamp sets! It's always so much fun to see what this DT does each week with the challenges! Thanks for ALWAYS being such an inspiration! I shall miss working with you - you know I'll continue to stalk you, right??? Hugs...

Heather said...

So pretty! I love the minty color, the texture on the bag (looks cool even though it doesn't look like burlap) and the fun pom pom on his hat.