Wednesday, December 27, 2017

December 27, 2017 Anything Goes

This will be my final post this year for The House that Stamps Built gosh where has the year gone - looking forward to see what 2018 brings us.  For this post our challenge is ANYTHING GOES which is one of my favorites.


I wanted to use not only a new stamp but also a new technique for me, they are calling it the eclipse technique and I still need a little practice but I think I will be trying it again soon.   I used Chickadee at Rest 211-P stamped in Versafine brown ink on ivory cardstock.  I then use some beautiful script letter dies and cut out the word JOY all in a pass.  Saving all the pieces was my test - as my desk was cluttered to begin with so finding little pieces were well....patience.  I decided to glitter my letters just for a more holiday feel - raised up the letters with narrow cut foam strips and glued them back in place.  Abit of gold trip at the bottom mounted on Kraft and good to go. 

Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Anything Goes - as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri   Deonna   Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther

8 comments:

Diane said...

Great card! I love the glittered letters. You will have to teach me about the eclipse technique. Happy New Year!

Donna said...

What a stunning card Shirley, like the brown and silver paired together!

Laurie Unger said...

Way to go on challenging yourself on this technique. I struggled with it. Happy New Year!

Esther Asbury said...

We used the same stamp today...how cool is that!? Looks like a fun technique... I'll have to try it sometime!

Cheryl W said...

Very cool technique. I've been meaning to try that one, too, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Happy New Year to you and your family!

loz said...

It is Stunning Shirley. I have never heard of this technique.. Will have to check it out..have a Happy New Year..loz

Patti J said...

Very pretty card! I'm really liking this technique! Had fun making our card today - can't wait to try another! Thanks for coming out and creating with me! I had a lot of fun!!!

Heather said...

Very pretty! And a fun technique. Love that added glitter, too!