Monday, March 12, 2018

March 12, 2018 Fun Fold for The House that Stamps Built


This week, it is my week for Pick of the Week - and as a lot of you know I LOVE folds, did I say LOVE - well yes I do LOVE doing different folds from simple to complicated.  Today is a very very simple fold and yields two cards.  I think they are calling it a twofer in the stamping world.

I used these stamps to complete by two cards:

     Cape Hatteras Light  3003-K
     BassHarbor Light Sm.  2903-H
     Gulls in Flight  3412-C
     Birthday 1113-D 
     Everyday Blessings  6512-E

The rest of my supplies are here:



Using a full sheet of coordinating cardstock score at 4 1/4 on the 8 1/2 inch side and 5 1/2 on the 11 inch side.  Score only.


On your trimmer from the top left corner to the bottom right corner line up your paper corner to corner in the cutting track, cut - you will probably have to trim the last 1/2 inch or so with your scissors.


You will have two piece which look like the above.


Fold on score lines, you might want to use your bone folder for nice crisp folds.
At this point you will have two cards - you can use one in the vertical position and one in the horizontal position.



Using 2 coordinating papers cut each 4.0 inches x 5 1/4 inches - then again from left top corner (on the 4 inch side) to bottom right (5 1/4 inch side) cut using your paper trimmer.



Using tape runner or glue of your choice and orientation of card tape your designer paper on the two separate flaps.  Stamp your image and using die cut of your choice cut your image out.  You may choose to mount or not - as you can see I choose to leave my Cape Hatteras Lighthouse unmounted and the Small Bass Harbor Light House I mounted on a piece of gold.


On this card you can see I stamped the Everyday Blessings in a cocoa ink, and I added a rope edge to one of the flaps for added interest.


This I made into a birthday card and embossed the Happy Birthday in gold to match the matting.  

Hope you will try this fun but very simple fold.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Such a fun fold and card, and I like the two for one!

Cheryl W said...

Wonderful tutorial, Shirley! Your instructions are so clear, I think even I could do it. I love special folds, too. Both your cards turned out great. I think I'll give this a try soon.

loz said...

Beautiful cards and fold Shirley. I will have to give this a try..Loz