Wednesday, March 07, 2018

March 7, 2018 JARS



It is already March - the upside of this is hopefully warmer weather and springtime is not far behind.  This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is Designer Choice and our designer is Esther.  Her pick was "jars".  Well Repeat Impressions has some very nice jars to work with - empty ones that you can put flowers, candy, whatever you wish - but I choose to work with a cute little set featured in Repeat Impressions FLIP section.  It has been a LONG time since I have made a flip (or waterfall card)  and I had almost forgotten how much fun they are to make.  I used 7607-W Bug Flip Set and who doesn't remember catching the fireflys and putting them in a jar.  I love the sentiment that comes with the set of 4 stamps and yes it is a pun or play on words.  I also used the
Flip Fancy Die Set found here which makes making the flip card easy peasy. 
I think this card would bring  smile to anyone who is suffering from this winters flu bug that so many people experienced. 

Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  JARS - as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

7 comments:

Diane said...

Cute card! I love how you made the flip card, and the colors are so bright and cheerful.

Donna said...

Absolutely adorable, fun design and great take on the jar theme!

Esther Asbury said...

Such a happy yellow -- love how bright and cheery your sweet card is (not to mention super fun with the waterfall element!). Such a great take on the jar challenge - sure to bring a smile to whoever you send it to!

Cheryl W said...

I have made a few waterfall cards, and they really are fun! The grandkids love it when I make one for them. Your card is awesome. I love the bug idea. Makes for a really great card.

loz said...

Beautiful and colourful waterfall card Shirley. I have not made one of these fo a few years..loz

Heather said...

So fun!!! And I LOVE this fun sentiment paired with these images; it will definitely make the recipient feel better.

Cheri said...

Shirley, I love this card and I love that you used the flip stamp for the challenge! Fabulous in every way.