Wednesday, May 02, 2018

May 2, 2018 Designer's Choice


This week over at The House that Cards Built  Donna is our Designer of the month and she choose for us to make a single layer card.  Now I am not real good at one layer - always feels like I need to add more.  But with this card I used
9001-L Butterfly Lg. inking the butterfly in three different colors.  I had masked the center of the card with a circle which I then used for my sentiment
5806-H Happiness,  I sponged a bit around the inside of the sentiment circle.  No embellishments or bling for this card.

Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Single Layer Card  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

8 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

It sounds like this week was a challenge for quite a few of us! I love it when something pushes me outside my comfort zone and gives me a creative challenge! You did a beautiful job with your one-layer --- I love the way you masked off the center for your sentiment! So pretty!

loz said...

Beautiful one layer card Shirley. I also struggle to make one layer cards but yours is perfect..loz

Cheryl W said...

I'm with you, Shirley. I have a hard time making one-layer cards, too. I think yours looks great, though. I really thought it was multi-layered when I first looked at it.

Donna said...

How gorgeous Shirley, great color combination and your masking is amazing! So glad I picked this challenge, everyone has blown me away with their single layer cards!

Laurie Unger said...

Wow, Shirley. Love the colors you used on this and all that masking! Awesome job.

Heather said...

It does sound like a lot of us are in the same boat! I think I've only made one-layer cards two or three times in my life!! Yours is beautiful! This butterfly is one of my favorites and it looks awesome stamped in your color scheme.

Cheri said...

Wow, Shirley!!! This is gorgeous! The way you stamped those butterflies gives such depth and creates the illusion of layers! Beautiful card!

Patti J said...

Wonderful job on this tough challenge, dear friend! Love it!